Thursday, April 5, 2007

Our Venue: Club Fais Do Do

Originally Dylan and I were getting going to a honky tonk type wedding, but there don't seem to be many honky tonks in LA, so we had to look far and wide to find a venue that fit our a) budget b) personalities c) time frame. So, Club Fais Do Do just kinda fell in our lap and we are soooo excited about it. Large maroon curtains, the perfect size, affordable with plenty of seating and a stage area to highlight the awesome band. It's perfect. Here are some pictures:

from the stage

stage




THE DETAILS

1. Capacity: Fais Do Do has two rooms. One they use as a concert room and the other is used they call the "Ballroom." They are currently redoing the ballroom but it is massive and can fit over 600 people (I'm guessing). We are renting the smaller "concert" room which holds 300 people. It also has a patio in the back, a bar, restrooms, and a stage where we will get married (and the band will play afterwards).

2. Rental Fee: $1200; We are getting married on a Sunday, so the fee is cheaper than normal. This includes the 2 bartenders, use of the sound system, all the chairs and tables we need, maroon table cloths, etc. Our wedding a reception starts at 6pm and we can get in and decorate starting at 2pm that day. We have the space until 2am Monday morning.

3. The Bar: Fais Do Do is a beer and wine bar. At first I thought this was great as it would save me some money. However, they are charging me $6 a drink. This seems high to me since I am buying 300 drinks. We still haven't figured out how we are going to manage the tab/drink ticket situation. I never really pushed the question about whether we could bring in our own drinks. Guests can buy their own booze after the tickets run out. Also, they can buy whole bottles of wine--which I am going to try and add to the budget and have them available at the bar for anyone.

4. Food: The great thing about Fais Do Do is their cuisine--great New Orleans style homecooking. If I had the money, they could have provided a full sit-down meal or a buffet. Instead, for an extra $500 they are providing us a unlimited supply of non-alcholic beverages (what that means, I don't know), hush puppies, salad and quesadillas for 100 people. We are expecting about 150 people.



Things I need to do regarding them:

- schedule a time to go see the venue with my photographer, videographer, myself.
- decide where tables, arrangements, photo booth, gift table, photos will be set up and make a map.
- ask about buying bottles of wine--How much per bottle?
- Can we bring a few other bottles of liquor in with us to make a special drink?
- When can the band arrive to setup?
- Can we leave our decorations up over night and pick them up on Monday morning?
- Plates and silverware, napkins, etc will be included in rental price?

I'll post more when I have some answers.

No comments: