Tuesday, April 17, 2007

150 DIY Invites

I should start by saying that I could have done the invites cheaper, but I'm pretty happy with them and I had a design in my head so I just went with it.

We decided to go with stickers again with our wedding invites, only this time they would be professional custom vinyl stickers from stickers from Sticker Guy. I ordered three different designs, each 4.25" x 1.38" in black and white. It was 250 stickers for $20 of each design, free shipping. All the design were created by me in Photoshop.

invitesticker1

invitesticker2

invitesticker3

Once these were created, I bought the paper from California Paper Goods. I got 300 pieces of 80lb. white matte cards 5 1/4" x 5 1/4 and 300 pieces of A1 folding cards in 80lb. white matte. Though I sent only 150 invites, each invite had 2 flat cards and one A1 folded card (as the rsvp). The extra A1 cards will be used as thank you cards. This paper was for a total of $50.75.
******I should have bought 8.5x11 80lb. paper and have them printed and cut at Kinkos. I had to feed the flat cards through my inkjet printer individually to avoid jams. It was a very long weekend. Also, putting a sticker on the top of every card (three per invite) got very boring******

The final products:
invite1

details

rsvp

I got my envelopes from Envelope Mall. I bought 200 5 1/2" x 5 1/2" square envelopes in Astrobright Terra Green and 300 4bar envelopes in Astrobright Terra Green.

terra65terra57

I used the rest of the sticker pages from the STDs to make return address labels. I had some Avery address labels in white that I had from an old job to print out the address labels. I think hand calligraphy and hand printing is just so. . .yesterday. Or, after all those stickers, I was just too tired to learn calligraphy and DIY it.

final invite 1 final invite 2

WEDDING EXPENSE:
PRINTER CARTRIDGES: $30
STICKERS: $60
PAPER: $50.75
ENVELOPES: $50.42
POSTAGE: $150.23

TOTAL: $341.40

No comments: