Wednesday, April 18, 2007

Centerpieces

I had a dilemma. All the tables that my venue are bistro tables. The tablecloths are maroon. The venues is pretty dark. There isn't enough room on the tables for flowers and votive candles. So, I decided to go with candles, candles, and more candles.

My tables will have the maroon tableclothes. I bought 50 chartreuse paper napkins from IKEA (50 for $2). I opened up the napkins and laid them flat. I will use them as a sort of table runner to break up the maroon.
L1030136

I then made my centerpieces. I got the inspiration from this Knottie Planning Bio. She has a great "how to" for her table numbers. She kept her IKEA frames in natural wood. I spray painted mine black. I decided to make each centerpiece reflect different aspects of our lives: our favorite sports teams, T.V. shows, etc. I made 23 centerpieces and numbered each one at the top. I then made a quiz that I put in the back of our wedding program, asking our guests how well they know us. If they need hints, they can go find the centerpiece with the corresponding number. This should also encourage some mingling between guests.

Here are some bad pictures of my a couple finished centerpieces:
L1030141
L1030148
L1030151
Yes, we are Buffy fans!

I bought 72 glass votive holders and 72 white votive candles from Cudge.net

Don't forget to buy a lighter if you are setting up your site with just you and friends.
L1030154

WEDDING EXPENSES (INCLUDING SHIPPING):
VELLUM: $22.21
FRAMES FROM IKEA: $52
NAPKINS FROM IKEA: $2
VOTIVE CANDLES: $54.63
BLACK SPRAY PAINT: $17.53
LIGHTER: $2.50

TOTAL: $150.87

1 comment:

Tanner said...

OMG...that is SOOOOO cooooolll. I am going to make one of those. Creative Ways to Save for a Wedding